Node-RED nodes for The Weather Company and Weather Underground Data APIs
Node-RED nodes for The Weather Company and Weather Underground Personal Weather Station APIs
These nodes replace the depreciated node-red-node-weather-underground with new TWC apis for querying wunderground.com Personal Weather Station (PWS) data.
The set of nodes in this package implement the APIs for Personal Weather Station Contributors.
The Weather Company provides TWC Weather Data Packages that are available for purchase. Node-RED nodes in this package implement select API services.
Either use the Editor - Menu - Manage Palette - Install option, or run the following command in your Node-RED user directory (typically
$ npm install node-red-contrib-twc-weather
Register your Personal Weather Station at wunderground and copy your PWS Station ID and API Key into these Node-RED nodes.
This Node-RED package creates six PWS nodes in your Node-RED palette.
- pws observations - Personal Weather Station (PWS) Current Conditions returns the current conditions observations.
- pws historical - Personal Weather Station (PWS) Historical Data returns the historical PWS data for a single date ( hourly data, summary data for the entire day, or all records )
- pws forecast - The Daily Forecast API is sourced from the The Weather Company Forecast system. This TWC API returns the 5 Day Daily weather forecast.
- pws 7 day summary - Personal Weather Station (PWS) Daily Summary Historical Observations returns the 7 day summary of daily observations.
- pws 7 day hourly - Personal Weather Stations (PWS) Hourly Historical Observations returns the hourly records for each days observations report.
- pws 1 day all - Personal Weather Station (PWS) Rapid Historical Observations returns all of the observations records for a specific date.
This Node-RED package creates TWC nodes in your Node-RED palette.
- TWC Daily Forecast - (3, 5, 7, 10, 15 Day) Daily Forecast API from the TWC Core Weather Data Package.
- TWC Health Forecast - The Cognitive Health Forecast API provides forecast data for the risk of allergy, migraine, cold and flu, or pain for a given location and for a period of one to 15 days in advance.
Review the CHANGELOG for enhancement history.
Two examples are provided in the examples folder.
- Exercise each of the Node-RED PWS APIs by importing this PWS-Examples.json flow
- Here is an example Weather Node-RED Dashboard that displays Personal Weather Station current and historical data on a map, in a table, a gauge and on a chart. The PWS API key includes access to the TWC 5 Day Forecast, which is displayed with weather-lite icons. This flow requires node-red-dashboard, node-red-node-ui-table and node-red-contrib-web-worldmap. Import this PWS-Dashboard.json flow
Enjoy! Give me feedback if you have suggestions on how to improve these nodes.
This npm package is licensed under the Apache Software License, Version 2. Separate third party code objects invoked within this code pattern are licensed by their respective providers pursuant to their own separate licenses. Contributions are subject to the Developer Certificate of Origin, Version 1.1 (DCO) and the Apache Software License, Version 2.