A Node-RED node for running remote ssh commands and supports reconnection attempts. Based on https://github.com/yroffin/node-red-contrib-ssh
Available on NPM as https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red-contrib-ssh-v2-reconnection
Based on https://github.com/yroffin/node-red-contrib-ssh which does not seem to be maintained.
I added this so I could turn on my linux HTPC via Alexa, triggering a WOL packet and then turn it off using SSH.
That's why SSH reconnection was important.
- fix unusable ssh key config
- add reconnection attempts to the ssh client
Input: msg.payload has to contain the command.
- Ssh: ssh key path (optional but recommended)
- Hostname: address of the target SSH server
- Name: name of the node
- Username: username of the target SSH server
- Password: password of the target SSH server (set this if not using ssh key)
To-Do (help wanted)
- Add feature to reuse hosts/accounts instead of having to re-add every time
- Add output so that other nodes can consume the result
- Add option to consume more information(e.g. hostname) from other node