Node-RED oracle database nodes
Forked version with updated drivers to support latest node versions
node-red-contrib-oracledb-mod is a Node-RED package that connects directly to an Oracle database server.
It currently contains a query and a configuration node to connect to Oracle databases for Node-RED storage.
It uses the oracledb library for the Oracle database connectivity.
Table of Contents
If you have installed Node-RED as a global node.js package (you use the command
node-red anywhere to start it), you need to install
node-red-contrib-oracledb-mod as a global package as well:
$[sudo] npm install -g node-red-contrib-oracledb-mod
If you have installed the .zip or cloned your own copy of Node-RED from github, you can install it as a normal npm package inside the Node-RED project directory:
<path/to/node-red>$ npm install node-red-contrib-oracledb-mod
This is a Node-Red Oracle database input/output node. The function it provides depends on the query that is sent to the oracle database. An INSERT query stores data in the database and a SELECT query can send data to another node.
To get started, you must install an Oracle Instant Client on the server. Follow the directions for your OS and note the path in which you installed the Instant Client.
If you are going to use a TNS Name (with a "Wallet" connection - such as with Autonomous DB), install your wallet contents in the
/network/admin subdirectory of your Instant Client.
- return original
msgobject with result
- add connection name to allow multiple connections to server using different credentials/schemas
- update to latest node-oracledb
- add support for connections using TNS Names
- add entry for path to instant client on server
- clean up
- Dependencies updated as below oracledb ^4.0.1 → ^5.1.0
Fixed an issue with initializing bug which cause nod-red to crash
- Dependencies updated as below source-map-support ^0.5.16 → ^0.5.19 tslint ^6.1.0 → ^6.1.2
- Dependencies updated as below oracledb ^4.0.1 → ^4.2.0 gulp-rename ^1.4.0 → ^2.0.0 source-map-support ^0.5.13 → ^0.5.16 tslint ^5.20.0 → ^6.1.0
- added some tests
- added automatic reconnect to oracle server
- added input node functionality for single results and result sets
- major refactor, made preparations for better testable code:
- gulp build system added
- if NODE_RED_ROOT environment variable exists, copy build result into its node-red-contrib-oracledb-mod module for quick testing
- initial release
The roadmap section describes things that I want to add or change in the (hopefully near) future.
- Make it an input and output node:
- Add support to return SELECT query results