Nats.io protocol with Node-RED
NATS is a pub/sub protocol for IoT with a request/reply functionality.
This is a fork of a initial work of
but with independent development.
Run the following command in the root directory of your Node-RED install:
npm i node-red-contrib-natsio
Functionality supported and ToDo
- [x] Publish
- [ ] |-use callback?
- [x] Subscription
- [x] |-Unsubscription after N messages
- [x] |-Queue
- [x] Request/reply
- [x] |-Timeout
- [x] |-max. replies
- [ ] |-chosen reply subject?
- [x] Configuration node
- [x] |-Node status
- [x] |-Tabs
- [ ] |-Credentials: user and password
- [ ] |-Credentials: token
- [x] |-Don't crash on broker connection error (including node-red starting)
- [ ] |-security: TLS
- [ ] |-Configurable reconnecting options
- [ ] Improve documentation
- This is a future work