Node-RED nodes to observe and contral a Musiccast network and other compatible Yamaha devices.
Provides a set of nodes for controlling and observing a Musiccast network and other compatible Yamaha devices.
This collection of nodes is designed to make control of a Musiccast system and other Yamaha AV devices simple and straightforward.
Complex technologies and protocols such as DLNA and UPNP are not implemented and there is no "listener" or autonomous event handling. To monitor and control a network, regularly scheduled polling of the Musiccast devices must be added to a flow for Node-RED to be aware of changes and current state.
Basic examples of polling and control of playback and mute state is included with this package.
- Install the package using "Manage palette" on the hamburger icon at top right.
- Again using the hamburger icon, select [Import] then [Examples]. Expand the [node-red-contrib-musiccast] entry. Select [Toggling States] and click [Import].
- Click [Deploy].
- There will now be a demonstration flow on your palette showing basics of polling and controlling a system.
THIS IS A MAJOR RELEASE. BACKUP ANY EXISTING FLOWS AND CONFIGURATIONS BEFORE INSTALLING!
Immediately after upgrading the node set, ensure existing configurations are upgraded as well by performing the following:
- Open any configurations that existed before, verify its settings, and save it if everything looks ok.
- Click [Deploy].
The following changes were made for this version:
- A new "List" node was added. This node provides functionality to inspect and control media from a network services' catalog. Additionally, the functionality also applies to network media servers and USB drives.
- "Zone" nodes can now be configured to connect to a specific device when a command is sent. This better supports the feature set of multi-zone receivers.
- Zones can now have custom labels applied to them which will show in any selectors. Additionally, the label can be used in variables.
- Major performance updates under the hood.
- Configuration UI has been cleaned up significantly.
- The list of configurable inputs has been greatly expanded.
NOTE: THIS IS A MAJOR RELEASE. BACKUP ANY EXISTING FLOWS AND CONFIGURATIONS BEFORE INSTALLING!
- Due to the way devices are stored in the configuration with the new version, it may be necessary to open and save the configuration before attempting to use existing flows and nodes. No changes need to be made. Just opening it and "saving" fixes things.
- Changes to devices in the Device Editor will not show in nodes until the configuration is deployed along with a flow.
Although basic online help is available in Node-RED itself, detailed documents published by Yamaha have been included in the "docs" folder to help get a deeper understanding of Musiccast.
Created by: Vahdettin https://discourse.nodered.org/u/Vahdettin
Copyright and license
Copyright Vahdettin under the Apache 2.0 license.