Matrix bot nodes for Node-RED
This package contains nodes to send and receive messages as a Matrix node.
Quick usage guide
This package adds 3 node types to Node-RED palette (Matrix section, at the bottom):
- Matrix sender: sends messages from your Node-RED flow to the chatroom
- Matrix receiver: listens to messages in a chatroom and sends them to your Node-RED flow
- Matrix command: listens only to messages starting with a specific command and sends them to your Node-RED flow
All of these nodes require a Matrix Configuration with the following settings:
- User ID: the user ID in the matrix server, for instance @mybot:matrix.org
- Access token: the access token of the user in the matrix server
- Server URL: URL of the Matrix homeserver, e.g. https://matrix.org
- Room ID: ID of the chatroom to join when starting. If no room is specified, it will automatically join any room where it is invited
Make sure you have Docker installed, run:
git clone https://github.com/mlopezr/node-red-contrib-matrixbot.git cd node-red-contrib-matrixbot npm install docker run --rm -it -p 1880:1880 --name mynodered -v `pwd`:/data/nodes nodered/node-red-docker
Then open http://127.0.0.1:1880/ in a browser.