An experimental node for Node-RED for learning and testing node creation ideas. Can also be used as a template for your own nodes.
An EXPERIMENTAL Node-RED testing/learning set of nodes.
Designed as an experimental learning and testing tool for trying out different things when designing Node-RED nodes.
You can also use it as a template for writing your own nodes.
This node has several purposes:
- Learn the order of execution and events for learning how to program you own nodes.
- Show some best practices and standards for code when developing your own nodes.
- Act as a template I or you can use for your own nodes.
Physical file/folder location summary
Folders and files for resources on the device running Node-RED are:
Changes (See Change Log for details)
0.1.1 - Minor tweaks
0.0.0 - not a release
See the package.json file for details.
Requires at least Node.JS v6 and Node-RED v0.16
Run the following command in your Node-RED user directory (typically
npm install node-red-contrib-jktesting
Run Node-RED and add an instance of the test node.
JK Simple Test (jktest)
Node Instance Settings
Each instance of the test node has the following settings available.
- A short description shown in the admin interface
- A topic name to use if the incoming msg does not contain one.
string | buffer
- The payload of the message to publish.
- topic (optional)
- The MQTT topic to publish to.
Discussions and suggestions
If you would like to contribute to this node, you can contact Totally Information via GitHub or raise a request in the GitHub issues log.