node-red nodes for interacting with alexa
This is a collection of Node-RED nodes for interacting with the Alexa API. You can emulate routine behaviour, control and query your devices and much more!
Note: version 3 is an almost complete overhaul. Only the Alexa Account node configuration is compatible with version 2 All functionality is from alexa-remote2. The goal is to expose all of alexa-remote2s functionality in node-red nodes.
- Drag an Alexa Routine node into your flow.
- Create a new Account by pressing the edit button at the right side of the Account field.
Choose a Service Host and Page and Language depending on your location. For example:
| | Service Host | Page | Language | |-----|---------------------|--------------|----------| | USA | pitangui.amazon.com | amazon.com | en-US | | UK | alexa.amazon.co.uk | amazon.co.uk | en-UK | | GER | layla.amazon.de | amazon.de | de-DE | | ITA | alexa.amazon.it | amazon.it | it-IT |
Set This IP to the ip of your Node-RED server
- Enter a File Path to save the authentication result so following authentications will be automatic.
- Add the new Account.
- Follow the url you see in the node status
- Log in, wait until you see the node status ready
- Write "Hello World!" in the Alexa Routine node text field.
- Select a device in the Alexa Routine node devices field.
Now trigger the Alexa Routine Node with any message and your Alexa will say "Hello World!". (Hopefully!)