NodeRED modules that provides an ftp server so file writes can be handled in a NodeRED flow
FTP Server for Node-RED that currently only supports putting files. Uploaded files are emitted from this node via
msg.payload of type Buffer.
Written for my Dad so he can wire his IP camera's motion detection directly into Node-RED.
$ cd ~/.node-red $ npm install node-red-contrib-ftp-server
Drag the FTP Server node into your workspace and double click to configure:
- Enter a free port on your Node-RED server
- Enter a username of your choosing
- Enter a password of your choosing
Configure a device to use your Node-RED FTP server
Here's an example of configuring a Foscam IP camera to upload images into Node-RED:
- Enter the IP address of your Node-RED server as the FTP server address
- Enter the port, username and password that you chose when you configured the FTP node in Node-RED above.
Now you can configure the motion settings of your IP camera to upload images to FTP.
The images are then emitted from this node as a buffer via
- TLS support
- Proper testing