Node-red node for the LightBlue Bean
Node-Red is a graphic flow-style programming environment based on node.js. The application runs as a server, and you manipulate functional "flows" from a web client. The server can be hosted on an inexpensive device like the Raspberry Pi. Flows can be manipulated from the browser of the server device, on a separate computer client on the same network, and/or remotely over the internet.
Node-Red allows for third party nodes to be made and distributed as npm modules. This project is set of node-red nodes that allow for easy interfacing to the LightBlue Bean.
- Install Node.js
- Install Node-RED:
sudo npm install -g node-red
- Install Bean nodes
mkdir -p ~/.node-red/node_modules
npm install --prefix ~/.node-red node-red-contrib-bean
- Open http://localhost:1880
- Update Node-RED:
sudo npm update -g node-red
- Update Bean nodes
npm update --prefix ~/.node-red node-red-contrib-bean
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request :D
- 0.5.2 : Fix Serial node to add the split char on outgoing messages
- 0.5.1 : Fix Read scratch node
- 0.5.0 : Update README links and package.json
- 0.4.4 : Typo fix that was affecting latest versions of noble
- 0.4.3 : Temporary fix to prevent bean nodes from hanging at "searching...". This will be resolved once ble-bean dependancy is updated to use the latest nobleDevice dependancy.
- 0.4.2 : Bug fix for a crash caused by node interaction during "connecting" state
- 0.4.1 : Aesthetic changes to node appearance
- 0.4.0 : Scratch characteristic nodes
- 0.3.2 : Timeout mode for serial node
- 0.3.1 : Option to send basic color names in string form to the LED node. ex: "Red"
- 0.3.0 : Ability to search for nearby Beans in configuration
- 0.2.0 : Better logging and reporting of errors, more accurate Bean connection timeout
- 0.1.0 : More robust connection routines, fixed some crashes during deployment, better how-to-use text
- 0.0.1 : Initial Release
- Ray Kampmeier @raykamp
- Simone Giertz @simsalapim
- Geoffrey Arnold @garnold
- Ashish Derhgawen @aderhgawen
- Stephen Stack @swstack
Node-RED has been made possible by the hard work of Nick O'Leary @knolleary and Dave Conway-Jones @ceejay at IBM Emerging Technology. Much thanks to them and other supporters for advancing this platform.
This SDK is covered under The MIT License. See LICENSE.txt for more details.